Newsletters:Winter 2011 | Spring 2010 | Winter 2010 | Spring 2009 | Summer 2008 | Winter 2008 | Fall 2007
July 25: General Feed & Seed Gets a New Barrel. Annie'sBlankets thanks Santa Cruz artist Kat Wilson for participating in the Annie's Art program, in which artists use collection barrels found at various Drop-off Sites to interpret the Annie'sBlankets mission. Kat's latest inspiration can be found at General Feed & Seed, on Commericial Way in Santa Cruz.. General Feed & Seed offers items for dog, cat, bird, and horse owners... Kat chose an equestrain theme for her barrel. Kat has created two other Annie's Art barrel; they are at People's Coffee, in Soquel, and Aptos Feed.Thank you for taking your clean, gently-used blankets and towels to these, and any other, Annie's Blankets Drop-off Site. Anyone can particiapte in Annie's Art; for more information, please contact Jocelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Kat!
May 21: Star One Credit Union Annual Blanket Drive. Annie'sBlankets thanks Star One Credit Union, Sunnyvale, for hosting the 4th-Annual in-house blanket drive during the month of April. Members and employees collected 620 items that were delivered to Gilroy Veterinary Hospital, City of San Jose Animal Care Center, and the Humane Society of Silicon Valley in Milpitas. Trisha Reece, of Star One Remote Services, reports, "It was another successful drive. We had a blast. This year we also asked employees to supply some pictures of their beloved fury friends to help create an 'Annie’s Blankets Wall of Fame.' I’m including some pictures from the Donation Days, and the Wall of Fame (seen below). Thank you for once again sending supplies. Star One is happy to support such a worthy cause." The Wall of Fame is such a great idea, Trisha! Great job, Star One Credit Union, Sunnyvale!
May 20: A W(h)ine Dog Weekend: Vine Hill Winery Fundraiser. Annie'sBlankets thanks Vine Hill Winery for hosting a fabulous Annie'sBlankets fundraiser. Lucky event goers enjoyed a unique opportunity to help homeless shelter pets while simultaneously sipping delicious wines in the gorgeous, sun-dappled Santa Cruz mountain setting. Vine Hill donated a portion of the day'se tasting fees, as well a a percentage of proceeds from the day's sales of delicious Sea Change Pinot Noir. All the funds raised will go towards the Annie'sBlankets 2012 Storage Shed Dollar Drive.
Guests who attended this special day and brought along a clean, gently-used blanket or towel to donate received a free raffle ticket and the chance to win one of several prizes, including Vine Hill wine and a free tasting at The Barrel Room, the winery's Santa Cruz site. Everyonepresent enjoyed the perfect weather, scrumptious wine, and the company of other animal lovers. If you know of a restaurant, winery, coffee vendor, merchant, or commercial business that would like to participate in a similar fundraiser, thank you for contacting Jocelyn at email@example.com or calling 831.442.8098. Thanks to Pinnacle Farms Organics for donating their perfect strawberries, and to Vine Hill Winery Market Director, Lore James, and tasting room hostess Virginia "Gina" Guhin, for coordinating the Vine Hill Annie'sBlankets Fundraiser!
Annie'sBlankets is currently involved in these outreach efforts (our Cozy Critters Express!):
- Dog Spot Rescue: In February 2012, Lynn and Al Frischmann transported a vanload of bundled bedding to the animal care center in Stockton, California.
- Villalobos Rescue Center: In December 2010 and January 2011, dozens of bundled bedding from Monterey County collections were delivered to this Southern California rescue, rehabilitation, and placement center for abused and abandoned pit bulls. Thanks to Kendra Adelson, for taking the trip!
- Bakersfield Animal Shelter: In January, 2011, Lynn and Al Frischmann transported over 200 bed pads to the animal control service center in Bakersfield.
Annie'sBlankets seeks donations to help defray the cost of these special outreach efforts. For more about how to help, please click here.
Previous Annie'sBlankets outreach endeavors include:
- California Underdog Rescue: Three dozen towels were sent to this Oakland rescue in March 2009.
- Kings County Animal Shelter: Some of the blankets donated to Santa Cruz-area Annie'sBlankets collection sites will go to this shelter, which is in need of bedding.
- Merced County Animal Control: Some of the blankets donated to Santa Cruz-area Annie'sBlankets collection sites will go to this shelter, which is in need of bedding.
- Noah's B'Ark: Annie'sBlankets has sent blankets and towels to this Santa Rosa animal rescue service.
- Home At Last Animal Rescue: Annie'sBlankets will send a percentage of its bedding, collars and leashes to this Berkeley-based animal rescue group.
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary: Annie'sBlankets is sending regular supplies of bedding to this special sanctuary in Utah.
- Friends for the Animal Center Foundation: Annie'sBlankets sends bedding to this Iowa City organization.
- Siskiyou County Animal Shelter: Annie'sBlankets sends periodic loads of bedding to this Yreka shelter.
Visit the Annie'sBlankets booth at one of the following special events:
2012 Calendar of Events
July 2012: TBA
August 2012: TBA
Link to Annie'sBlankets.org: Have a web site and want to help out? Link to us. Post the Annie'sBlankets.org logo below on your website. We need all the eyes, ears and paws we can get. The more people know about us,
the more we can help the homeless and ailing animals.
July 1, 2012